Assistant to the Artistic Director Position Available
Graffiti Art Programming writes:
Graffiti Art Programming Inc. is seeking an Assistant to the Artistic Director.
This is a 30-hour per week, temporary position running from July 2 – August 31, 2019. Some weekend and evening hours will be required.
The ideal candidate will be working towards, or have completed, a degree in curatorial studies, visual art, art history, or related, and show a demonstrated interest in contemporary art with strengths in research and writing. Students who have completed an MFA in studio art or an MA in curatorial practices or cultural studies are particularly encouraged to apply.
Candidates must meet eligibility criteria of the Canada Summer Jobs program, including being under 30 years of age, and must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Description of tasks:
- Day-to-day administrative duties
- Outreach and distribution of publicity materials
- Assist with organization of website and social media materials
- Facilitation of exhibition tours and educational art programming
- Research and program development
- Communications with artists and staff
- Assist with set-up of activities and events, including youth programs
- Assist with installation of artwork
- Other duties as assigned
To apply: submit a letter of interest, CV and references by email to
Julia Wake, Program Director at email@example.com
Graffiti Art Programming Inc. thanks all candidates for their interest. Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Application deadline: June 26, 2019