Application Deadline August 1
Ace Art writes:
aceartinc. exhibits 5 major exhibitions a year by contemporary visual artists and is dedicated to diversity in its programming. To this end we encourage applications from all contemporary artists and curators, groups and collectives in all visual arts media.
This Artist Run Centre is passionate about the work being produced by contemporary artists and arts writers and critics in Canada and abroad. Many successful, well known and not so well known Canadian artists have shown work at ace early in their careers- we are an established (but not establishment) part of the unique ecosystem of Canadian contemporary art.
We will only exhibit work that has not previously been shown in a solo exhibition in Winnipeg.
For this call, aceartinc. only accepts digital submissions via our website form. We do not accept paper applications. Below are the guidelines for filling out the online form. Please make sure you adhere to our guidelines regarding file size and naming.
Please upload one PDF with your full name as the file name. This single PDF document must be smaller than 5 MB in size and should consist of:
- Artist and/or curatorial statement (1-page max)
- Project proposal (1-page max)
- Current CV (3 pages max)
- Install schedule and/or equipment list with itemization of special technical needs (if applicable, 1-page max)
- An image list (1-page max): list images in the same order that they appear in the Support Material section of your PDF. Number the items and include the title of the work, medium, dimensions and date. For video, sound and other time-based work, please include the duration of the work instead of dimensions. For example: 1. Title of work-Medium-Dimensions/Duration-year
- Support Material
Your support material can include a combination of the following:
- Images of past work
- Images of work in development
- Images of up to 2 pieces of writing such as essays and reviews
- Links to video or audio on web streaming platforms such as VUCAVA, Vimeo, Sound Cloud, etc. Please include a password if necessary.
You may submit:
- Up to 10 images
- OR up to 10 images and 5 min. of video/audio
- OR up to 10 min. of video/audio
In order to ensure your final PDF does not exceed the file size limit, individual images must be no more than 72dpi, 1024 x 768 pixel, 500 KB. The following links provide instructions on how to combine multiple files into a PDF using Windows or MAC.
Submissions that do not follow the guidelines will not be included in the selection process.
Submission deadline: 1 August 2019
For more information, please visit our submissions page.
Please call (204) 944-9763 or email email@example.com if you require other assistance regarding your submission.