Collections Assistant Wanted
Video Pool writes:
Video Pool Media Arts Centre is hiring for the position of Collections Assistant.
This position is a 17 week position at 35 hours/week at $16/hour. The funding is partially coming from the Young Canada Works program, as such we are looking for a current student under the age of 30 who will be returning to school in the fall. The position would fit a post-secondary student studying Art History, Archives or Fine Art and have an interest in collection management. The Collections Assistant will be in charge of doing an audit of VP’s tape and digital video collection.
Video Pool Media Arts Centre is committed to employment equity, aimed at increasing employment representation of historically disadvantaged groups. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women. We encourage applicants to self-declare by stating it on their cover letter/resume.
Application deadline: May 1, 2019 by 5pm
Anticipated start date: May 22, 2019
Anticipated end date: August 30, 2019
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a postsecondary student studying Art History, Archives of Fine Art
- Be proficient in working in a Mac environment
- Have an understanding of WordPress, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram
- Work well as part of a team
- Have strong organizational skills
- Have a demonstrated ability for attention to detail
- Have the ability to take direction and to self direct
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and CV by May 1, 2019 by 5PM.
Subject: Collections Assistant Position