SOA IS LOOKING FOR STUDENT MONITORS!
The School of Art is looking for Student Monitors in the following areas, Ceramics, Digital, Printmaking, Foundation, Sculpture, Photography and Gallery. Please read through the job description below carefully. If you think you are a suitable candidate please submit your resume and cover letter to the Main Office, 313 ARTlab, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, closed for lunch 12:00 – 1:00 pm.
*Please make sure you indicate which position(s) you would like to be considered for in your cover letter.
- Prepare classroom, clean up classroom, i.e., take out/put away supplies, inventory supplies, end of Term clean up
- Monitor Studio environment, safe use of tools/equipment
- Clean sinks and counters
- Organize storage closets and lockup cabinets/cupboards
- Report situations that may violate fire or EHSO regulations to the General Office.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a full time student
- must be able to implement and carry out studio procedures
- Must be organized and punctual
- Strong communication skills
- Detailed verbal/written instruction
Requirements: Requires some physical effort such as lifting and moving materials, knowledge/ability to use studio materials, ability to make informed choices on behalf of students about use of materials/tools.
Hours of work 0 – 10
Interested? Submit your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications for the job by Friday, September 14 at 4:00 PM.