2 Summer Positions (up to 12 weeks)
Both jobs: Start date: May 29, 2017
Job 1: Anticipated end date: August 18, 2017 (12 wks)
Job 2: Anticipated end date: July 28, 2017 (9 wks)
Salary: $13.50 per hour / 35 hours a week
Application deadline: May 15, 2017
Summary of Duties:
The incumbent will work in two areas of the gallery – the exhibition spaces and the collection – with the primary focus on permanent collection related tasks and secondary focus on gallery exhibition activities.
Assisting with the collection, the incumbent will:
- Conclude the work of cataloguing a large donation of nearly 150 artworks;
- assist with updating records associated with relocating artworks within gallery vaults;
- entering new information into database
- contribute to creation and online publishing of a history of the gallery through examining and reproducing digitally exhibition publicity materials, and researching other archived sources.
- as needed, assist with relocation of artworks within collection facilities
Assisting with the Gallery, the incumbent will:
- Assist with the installation and take down of exhibitions;
- Greet and provide the visitors with information and explanations concerning the gallery’s exhibitions and collections.
For more information about the position and how to apply please click here.