The aim of the competition is the cultural traditions of the peoples of different countries and promotion of contemporary calligraphy font design among young people. The competition promotes professional communication students and professional’s font business, exchange experience of various calligraphic schools of Ukraine and other countries. In connection with the announcement of 2016 Year of English in Ukraine, we move away from the established tradition of honoring only Slavic writing and start paying attention Cyrillic and Latin.
The theme of the contest is the integration and interaction of different alphabets of the world.
Nominations of Award:
- Calligraphy (academic, creative);
- Author’s font, Display faces (Alphabet, numbers, punctuation marks);
- Drop Cap;
- Author’s inscription drawn (lettering);
- Font poster;
- Installation on the alphabet (the winner is determined by voting viewers directly during the final exhibition).
To participate in the competition must be submitted by May 5, including:
1. Registration form (attached). File name: last- registration;
2. The digital version of (jpeg., 72 dpi, RGB, original size) for a preliminary assessment of the international jury email@example.com an e-mail marked “Competition-Registration.” File name: last-nomination.
For the final exhibition of works accepted in hard copy.
For students of foreign countries provides distance involved. For Stage II of the
competition, digital versions will only be accepted, prepared for publication (pdf., jpeg., 150 dpi, RGB, original size) firstname.lastname@example.org an e-mail marked “Competition-Exhibition”.
Deadline works – May 16, 2016. File name: last-nomination-print.
Format: 600×900 mm; for drop caps – 400×600 mm; for inscription – 600×400 mm.
Applicants will be admitted works that follow ethical standards related to the declared nominations have sufficient performance. Participation in the contest is free. Printed works remain in the fund Academy.
The ememo is sent out on a weekly basis every Wednesday. All news submissions must be submitted by email to email@example.com before Tuesday at 4:30pm to be considered for the following week’s