The University of Manitoba holds Info Days every year during February. Info Days will be held February 17 and 18 from 9am-2pm. As part of Info Days, the School of Art also holds an Open House and Exhibition of undergraduate student work. This will be the Schools third year to host Open House in ARTlab.
The workshops will be held on both days in ARTlab.
Steven Cochrane will be conducting the workshops
Installation will begin the afternoon of Thursday,
Installation will be completed on Saturday, February 12.
Public Open House:
Sunday, February 21 from 12 noon to 5pm
The public can come to view work on the 17, 18, and 19th but it would be great if we could encourage friends and family to come on Sunday.
Refreshments will be provided.
Drop Off and Pick Up Information for Student Work:
• Students are allowed to exhibit one piece of work from each of their courses during this academic year. This work must be clearly labeled with their name and the course.
• Students are responsible for delivering their work to the Collections Gallery, just left of the main entrance to the School of Art Gallery on Friday, February 5 from 10-4pm only. If you cannot bring your work yourself, please send it with a friend.
• The removal of all work, beginning at 5pm and ending at 8pm on Sunday, is essential as classes take place at 8:30 Monday morning. If you cannot pick up your work, please write a note giving a friend or family member permission to do so on your behalf.
• If any work is deemed unsafe to be exhibited, the student will be told so when it is dropped off.
• If there are specific requirements for installation, students must speak to Jamie Wright prior to dropping off their work to make sure that there is adequate space.
• It should be noted that some works might not be able to be exhibited if they are unsafe or if there is not a proper area of ARTlab that can accommodate them for a variety of reasons.
Coming soon -more details on the upcoming 2016 School of Art – Open House
The ememo is sent out on a weekly basis every Wednesday. All news submissions must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Tuesday at 4:30pm to be considered for the following week’s ememo.